Green County Development Corporation sponsors its annual business and leadership awards every year. GCDC investors and the general public are eligible to submit nominations for the awards. Winners are selected by the GCDC Executive Committee and announced at the organization’s Annual Meeting.
Winners over the years have been:
- Outstanding Business: Monroe Powersports
- Entrepreneurial Spirit Award: Dairy at Wegmueller Farm, Dan and Ashley Wegmueller, Monroe
- Outstanding Business: Alpine Slicing and Cheese Conversion, Monroe
- Outstanding Business: Hawk’s Mill Winery, Browntown
- Outstanding Business: Wisconsin Pallet & Storage, LLC, Monroe
- Outstanding Business: Precision, Drive & Control, Inc Monroe, Business of the Year
- Outstanding Small Business of the Year: Empire Media Group, Monroe
- Outstanding Large Business of the Year: Faith Engineering Inc., Monroe
- Outstanding Small Business of the Year: Minhas Micro Distillery
- Outstanding Large Business of the Year: Klondike Cheese Company
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Adam Buholzer, Klondike Cheese, Monroe
- Outstanding Business of the Year: Orchid Monroe
- Entrepreneurial Spirit Award: Edelweiss Graziers Cooperative
- Community Spirit Award: Key Ingredients Committee, City of Brodhead
- Outstanding Businesses of the Year: Sugar River Dairy, Albany; the New Glarus Home, Grande Cheese Company, Juda; and Emmi-Roth Kase USA Ltd., Monroe.
- Enterpreneurial Spirit: Richard Grahn, Green County Spotlight
- Outstanding Businesses of the Year: Kuhn North America, Brodhead; Super 8 of Monroe
- Enterpreneurial Spirit: Don and Mary Wickstrum, Quest Industrial, Monroe; Nicole and Jesse Maynard, Planet Wise, Nicki’s Diapers and My Swimbaby, New Glarus; Andy and Joyce Ziehli, Americana Gazette, Belleville
- Entrepreneurial Spirit Award: Abby McCullough and Jodi McIntrye, Riddles and Rhymes Childcare, Brodhead
- Visionary Champions Special Award: Swiss Colony leadership and R. Kubly Family Foundation
- Outstanding Business Awards: Family Fresh Pack, Belleville and Monticello; Minhas Craft Brewery, Monroe; and New Glarus Brewing Company.
- Business of the Year: Roth Kase, Ltd.; The Garden Deli; Kuhn Knight, Inc.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Sharon Kaminecki, Ken Risley and Paul Risley
- Outstanding Business Awards: Kuhn Knight, Swiss Colony, J.J. Development Group LLC, Jack Links, Grande Cheese
- Business of the Year Award: Williams Bedrock Bovines
- Friend of Green County Tourism: Joseph Huber Brewing Co.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit Award: Edelweiss Town Hall Cheese Company
- Distinguished Business Partner Award: Thierry Krier, Kuhn Knight
- Large Business of the Year Award: Kuhn Knight, Inc.
- Small Business of the Year Award: Faith Engineering, Inc.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Schultz’s InterState Ag
- Distinguished Business Partner: Monroe Clinic
- Business of t the Year Awards: Chalet Landhaus Inn, Klondike Cheese Company
- Business of the Year Award: Joseph Huber Brewing Company
- Entrepreneurial Spirit Award: Spring Grove Dairy
- Distinguished Business Partner: Swiss Colony
Richard B. Schmied Leadership Award
2019 – Doug Pinnow, Brodhead
2018 – Ron Buholzer, Monroe
2017 – Bryan Gadow, New Glarus
2016 – Lori Stern, New Glarus
2015 – Noreen Rueckert, Monroe
2014 – Ron Spielman, Monroe
2013 – John Baumann, Monroe
2012 – Anita Huffman, Monroe
2011 – David Mosher, Monroe
2010 – Msgr. Thomas Campion, Monroe
2008 – Sarah Burgert
2007 – Christine Wellington, Monroe
2006 – Graduates of Green County Leaders Program
2005 – Audrey Hein, Monroe
2003 – Robert Hoesly
2002 – Art Carter
2001 – Richard B. Schmied, posthumously
*Note: Not every award is given each year.